Build Your Skill
This section describes how to build your Alexa skill.
Tools to build Alexa skills
- Alexa Developer Console — The Alexa developer console provides a streamlined experience to help you create, manage, and publish skills.
- Alexa-Hosted Skills — When you create an Alexa-hosted skill, Alexa stores your code and resources on AWS for you.
- Use APL to Create Visual Content for Skills — With Alexa Presentation Language (APL), you can create visual experiences to accompany your skill on supported devices such as the Echo Show, Fire TV, some Fire tablets, and other devices.
- ASK SDKs — The Alexa Skills Kit (ASK) SDKs are software development tools and libraries that give you programmatic access to Alexa features. ASK SDKs are available for Node.js, Java, and Python.
- ASK Toolkit for VS Code — The ASK Toolkit provides a dedicated workspace for Alexa skills in VS Code.
- ASK CLI — The Alexa Skills Kit Command Line Interface (ASK CLI) helps you perform most Alexa skills tasks from the command line.
- Skill Management API — The Alexa Skill Management API (SMAPI) provides RESTful HTTP interfaces for programmatically performing Alexa skill management tasks.
In this section
The following documentation describes features that you can add to your Alexa skill. Most features are optional. Account Linking is optional in some cases and required in other cases.
- Account Linking
- Sell Products in an Alexa Skill
- Use APL to Create Visual Content for Skills
- Include Reminders in a Skill
- Include Timers in a Skill
- Use Events in a Skill
- Alexa for Apps