Tools to Create and Manage Skills
Note: Submit your skill and see it come to life.
This section describes tools that you can use to create and manage Alexa skills.
In this section
- Alexa Developer Console — The Alexa developer console provides a streamlined experience to help you create, manage, and publish skills.
- Alexa-Hosted Skills — When you create an Alexa-hosted skill, Alexa stores your code and resources on AWS for you.
- ASK Toolkit for VS Code — The ASK Toolkit provides a dedicated workspace for Alexa skills in VS Code.
- ASK SDKs — The Alexa Skills Kit (ASK) SDKs are software development tools and libraries that give you programmatic access to Alexa features. ASK SDKs are available for Node.js, Java, and Python.
- ASK CLI — The Alexa Skills Kit Command Line Interface (ASK CLI) helps you perform most Alexa skills tasks from the command line.
- Skill Management API — The Alexa Skill Management API (SMAPI) provides RESTful HTTP interfaces for programmatically performing Alexa skill management tasks.
- AWS Tools — You can create, build, and manage Alexa skills with cloud-based tools from Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Skill Flow Builder — Designers and writers can use Skill Flow Builder to quickly prototype and modify content.
- Design Your Skill
- Build Your Skill
- Test Your Skill
- Certify and Publish Your Skill
- Monitor Your Skill and Metrics
Last updated: Sep 14, 2022