Video Skill APIs
Note: Sign in to the developer console to build or publish your skill.
The Video Skill APIs enable the far-field control of video devices and streaming services by using an Alexa device. For details, see Understand the Video Skill API.
APIs for video skills
Implement video interfaces in your Alexa skill to enable the video experience for users. You can use APIs specific to video or more general smart home APIs. For the definitions of the message properties, see Alexa Interface Message and Property Reference.
- Alexa.ChannelController — Describes messages to change the channel.
- Alexa.InputController — Describes messages for changing the input of a video device.
- Alexa.KeypadController — Describes messages to voice-control onscreen navigation.
- Alexa.Launcher — Users can launch an app or a shortcut.
- Alexa.PlaybackController and Alexa.PlaybackStateReporter — Users can control playback of content.
- Alexa.PowerController — Describes messages to control and report on the power state of a video device.
- Alexa.RecordController — Users can record the video content currently playing.
- Alexa.RemoteVideoPlayer — Users can search and play content or display search results.
- Alexa.SeekController — Users can navigate to a specific position in a media item.
- Alexa.Speaker and Alexa.StepSpeaker — Provides directives to set or adjust the volume and mute or unmute a capable video device. Implement the
Speakerinterface for devices that can set and adjust the volume to any integer value in a continuous range of values. Implement the
StepSpeakerinterface for devices that can only adjust the volume in incremental discrete steps when the range of volume isn't known.
- Alexa.UIController — Describes messages to voice-control the user interface of entertainment devices.
- Alexa.VideoRecorder — Users can schedule a video content recording.
- Alexa.ErrorResponse and Alexa.Video.ErrorResponse — Describes messages for error conditions.
- Entity Types Reference — Describes how to represent video entities in search and play messages.
- Predefined Launch Target Reference — Lists predefined app and UI shortcut identifiers that you can send in a Launcher request.
- Alexa Interface Message and Property Reference
- Understand State and Change Reporting
- Video Skill Testing Guide
Last updated: Mar 16, 2023