Get Sample Utterance Recommendations
Use the sample utterance recommendations feature in the developer console to extend the sample utterance coverage of your skill. This feature uses machine learning techniques to recommend additional utterances based on the utterances you've already provided.
You can get sample utterance recommendations for new and existing skills. The skills must be custom skills, with custom intents.
View and select sample utterance recommendations for an intent
View sample utterance recommendations in the developer console and add them to your skill's interaction model.
To view sample utterance recommendations for an intent
- Open the Alexa developer console, and then sign in.
- On the Skills tab, in the SKILL NAME column, click the name of your custom skill.
- From the left-hand sidebar, click Custom > Interaction Model > Intents.
- Click an intent to open the detail page for the intent.
- In the upper-right corner of the Sample Utterances section, click Recommendations.
The Recommendations for … pop-up window lists the recommendations.
To add or reject sample utterance recommendations
- You can filter the results by typing a keyword into the search box.
- To add sample utterances to your intent, select each one by clicking it, and then click Add. Alternatively, you can click the Select All button to accept all of the recommendations, and then click Add.
- To reject sample utterances, first select them individually by clicking each item, or select all items in the list by clicking the Select All button. Then click Reject to reject the selected items. Rejecting unwanted utterances removes them from the results list for the intent and helps improve the quality of future recommendations.
Refresh the utterance recommendations
Utterance recommendations are automatically refreshed every time you save or build your skill. To manually refresh the recommendations, click the Refresh button. The generating process can take up to five minutes. Once the utterances are refreshed, the previous set of recommendations can't be retrieved again.