Earn Money with an Alexa Skill
You can earn money with an Alexa custom skill by using in-skill purchasing (ISP), paid skills, Alexa skill deals, and Alexa Shopping Kit.
Use ISP to sell digital goods and services in your skill, such as hints in a trivia skill or additional lives in a game skill, and more. ISP supports products with the following payment models:
- One-time purchase – Unlock access to premium-skill content that doesn't expire.
- Consumable – Access to premium content that a customer can purchase, deplete when used, and then purchased again
- Subscription – Offer access to premium skill content for a period of time, charged on a recurring basis until the customer cancels the subscription.
If you want to charge customers an up-front payment to access your digital skill content, you can offer your skill as a paid skill with one of the following payment models:
- One-time purchase – Unlock access to the skill itself or to premium-skill content that doesn't expire.
- Subscription – Offer access to your skill or premium skill content for a period of time, charged on a recurring basis until the customer cancels the subscription.
Alexa Shopping Kit
With Alexa Shopping Kit, you can create a shopping experience in your custom skill by recommending products from the Amazon retail website. Customers can buy the recommended product or add it to their Amazon Shopping Cart or Wish List without leaving the skill. Alexa handles the purchase details for you. And, with Amazon Associates for Alexa, you can earn commission on product purchases.
To get started with Alexa Shopping Kit and Amazon Associates, see Recommend Products with Alexa Shopping Kit.
Was this page helpful?
Last updated: May 25, 2023