Dash Replenishment FAQ
Note: Sign in to the developer console to build or publish your skill.
The following frequently asked questions (FAQ) answer common questions about the Amazon Dash Replenishment service.
Device and inventory definition
- Q: Can I modify the list of Amazon Standard Identification Numbers (ASINs) that my device uses?
- If your device uses non-standard consumable products, you can edit your ASIN list before you request replenishment IDs. After Amazon assigns replenishment IDs for your device, you can't edit the device and ASIN list in the Dash console. If you must make changes, please send the updated information to Amazon. For more details, see Contact the Dash Replenishment program.
- Q: How do I change my sensor configuration after I register my device?
- After Amazon assigns replenishment IDs for your device, you can't edit the device details in the Dash console. If you must make changes, please contact the Dash Replenishment program.
- Q: What if my device shares a consumable, such as batteries, with other Dash devices?
- Amazon has a list of common consumables to use with your device.
- Q: What if my measurement type or some other property of my sensor isn't supported?
- If your device or consumable product isn't supported in the Dash console, on the Testing > Replenishment ID tab, select Other for applicable questions. Then, enter additional details in the Sensor Description and Additional Detail field. For more details, see request replenishment IDs.
- Q: How long does it take Alexa to place an order after inventory reaches the threshold?
- It takes approximately six hours to place an order.
- Q: When does Alexa increase the household inventory after an order is placed?
- After Amazon ships the ordered products, Alexa increases the customer's' household inventory by the number of units, such as 20 count, 300 fluid oz, or 2 lbs.
- Q: If the device is in notification mode, does Alexa increase the household inventory?
- Yes. If the ASIN of the ordered product is on the device ASIN list, Alexa increases the household inventory.
Inventory API usage
- Q: If the level hasn’t changed today, what inventory value should I send?
- Send the same inventory value that you sent yesterday.
- Q: If my device only supports inventory sensor APIs, what example phrases do I configure on the Distribution page in the Alexa developer console?
- When you define your skill details on the Distribution page, include the following example phrase: Alexa, find my devices.
- Register Devices for Dash Replenishment
- Test Dash Replenishment
- Certify Your Dash Replenishment Device
- Manage Dash Replenishment Devices
Was this page helpful?
Last updated: Jun 29, 2023