Tools to Create and Manage Skills
Note: Register now for Alexa Live, Amazon’s annual Alexa developer conference on July 20, 2022.
This section describes tools that you can use to create and manage Alexa skills.
In this section
- Alexa Developer Console — The Alexa developer console provides a streamlined experience to help you create, manage, and publish skills.
- Alexa-Hosted Skills — When you create an Alexa-hosted skill, Alexa stores your code and resources on AWS for you.
- ASK Toolkit for VS Code — The ASK Toolkit provides a dedicated workspace for Alexa skills in VS Code.
- ASK SDKs — The Alexa Skills Kit (ASK) SDKs are software development tools and libraries that give you programmatic access to Alexa features. ASK SDKs are available for Node.js, Java, and Python.
- ASK CLI — The Alexa Skills Kit Command Line Interface (ASK CLI) helps you perform most Alexa skills tasks from the command line.
- Skill Management API — The Alexa Skill Management API (SMAPI) provides RESTful HTTP interfaces for programmatically performing Alexa skill management tasks.
- AWS Tools — You can create, build, and manage Alexa skills with cloud-based tools from Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Skill Flow Builder — Designers and writers can use Skill Flow Builder to quickly prototype and modify content.