View Local Analytics (Beta)
The Local Analytics page in the Alexa developer console provides business adoption metrics for smart home devices that connect to your Alexa smart home skill. You can view and analyze these metrics in the Local Analytics dashboard in the Alexa developer console. You can access this dashboard through a custom smart home URL that you receive from your Amazon Business Development representative.
To use this feature, you must contact your Amazon Business Development representative to register for the private beta and receive your custom analytics URL.
About your local analytics metrics
The Local Analytics dashboard displays business adoption metrics for your smart home skill, such as the following:
- Total number of unique appliances or other smart home devices registered with the skill over the selected time interval.
- Total number of unique customers registered with the skill over the selected time interval.
- Actions on the skill.
You can select the time interval to view the metrics. Options include Last 7 Days, Last 30 Days, Custom Range.
Access your local analytics dashboard
To access your Local Analytics dashboard
- Sign in to the Alexa developer console.
- Navigate to that Alexa smart home custom analytics URL that you received from your business representative.
In the Summary page, you can see a high-level view of your devices, customers, and actions.
In the left pane, to view details about customer engagement, click Customers.
In the left pane, to view details about unique registered devices, click Devices.
In the left pane, to view details about skill actions, click Actions.
- To select the time interval, under Time Interval (UTC), click the Last 7 Days, Last 30 Days, or Custom Range button.
If you select the custom range, on the calendar, click the start date, and then click the end date.
- In the Aggregation Period drop-down, choose the aggregation period for the time interval.
Options include Hourly, Daily, Weekly. Available aggregation periods depend on the selected time interval.
The Summary section of the Local Analytics dashboard displays an overview of the metrics available for the skill:
Registered Unique Devices – Total number of unique smart home appliances registered with the skill during the selected time interval.
Registered Unique Customers – Total number of unique customers registered with the skill during the selected time interval.
CapabilityDirective – Total number of directives that Alexa sends to your skill to trigger a capability, such as turning on a light, when a customer asks Alexa to control their smart device. For the directives that this metric represents, see the documentation for each interface that your skill supports.
Discovery – Total number of
Discoveryrequests that Alexa sends to your skill or to the customer's local network to discover your customer's smart devices.
This metric is a sum of the following flows:
- Local Route Discovery – This flow enables local route adoption.
- Smart Home adoption – This feature uses local detection to discover Alexa-capable smart home appliances on a customer's local network. Local detection runs every few hours on all customer Echo devices.
- Silent Discovery – If any
Queryrequest to the skill fails, Alexa triggers silent discovery, or rediscovery of already discovered appliances, to account for changes in properties, such as IP address.
Query – Total number of
ReportStaterequests and endpoint health checks that Alexa sends to your skill to request the state of an endpoint.
Most of the volume that you see comes from endpoint health check. Echo devices have a predetermined algorithm that checks periodically to see whether the Echo can reach the endpoint. The check determines if the local route to each smart home device is healthy.
- View Skill Metrics
- Interpret and Troubleshoot Skill Performance Metrics
- Download Message IDs for Troubleshooting
- Skill Metrics FAQ
Was this page helpful?
Last updated: Nov 23, 2023