Alexa Foundational APIs
Note: Sign in to the developer console to build or publish your skill.
The Alexa foundational API reference contains the API definitions for Alexa interfaces that all skills use. These APIs include general Alexa directives, response events, discovery, state reporting, change reporting, and error reporting. For details, see Alexa Interface Message Guide.
In this section
- Alexa — Top-level interface for all Alexa APIs.
- Alexa.Authorization — Obtain credentials to send asynchronous responses or proactive messages to Alexa.
- Alexa.Discovery — Identify the capabilities that your skill supports.
- Alexa.EndpointHealth — Report the detected health of devices to Alexa.
- Alexa.ErrorResponse — Send an error response to a directive that your skill can't handle.
- Alexa.Response — Send a response to a directive that your skill successfully handles.
Last updated: Oct 03, 2022