Configure Permissions to Send Events
To send events to the Alexa event gateway, you must configure the Send Alexa Events permission in the Alexa developer console.
Enable permission in the developer console
To indicate that your skill sends proactive events and asynchronous responses to previous directives, complete the following steps.
To enable permission to send Alexa events in the developer console
- Sign in to the Alexa developer console.
- On the Skills tab, under SKILL NAME, find your skill.
- Under ACTIONS, from the drop-down menu in your skill's row, select Edit.
- In the left pane, click PERMISSIONS.
- To enable permission to send Alexa events, toggle Send Alexa Events.
- Under Alexa Skill Messaging, to view the Alexa Client Id and Alexa Client Secret, click SHOW.
- Copy the Alexa Client Id and Alexa Client Secret values.
- In a convenient place, such as Notepad on Windows or TextEdit on Mac, paste the Alexa Client Id and Alexa Client Secret values.
You use these values to request an access token for a customer. For details, see Request Access to the Alexa Event Gateway.
Was this page helpful?
Last updated: Nov 22, 2023