Sell Products in an Alexa Skill
There are two ways to sell products to customers through voice: in-skill purchasing (ISP) and Amazon Pay for Alexa Skills.
Use ISP to sell digital goods and services, such as hints in a trivia skill or additional lives in a game skill, and more. ISP supports three different types of products:
- A one-time purchase provides access to premium content that never expires.
- A consumable purchase provides access to premium content that can be purchased, depleted when used, and purchased again
- A subscription provides access to premium content for a set period of time that can be renewed or canceled.
To get started with ISP, see In-Skill Purchasing Overview.
For additional resources, see:
- Understanding the In-Skill Purchasing Experience – The possible pathways that customers can take to make or decline a purchase in a skill and some best practices to create a seamless in-skill purchasing experience.
- How to Build an Alexa Skill with In-Skill Purchasing – A walkthrough of how to use the Alexa Skills Kit Command Line Interface (ASK CLI) to build skills that include one-time purchases and subscriptions.
- Make Money with Alexa Skills - An Introduction – A webinar about the different ways that you can make money with your Alexa skills, best practices for creating premium experiences, and how to select the right product to meet your needs.
Amazon Pay for Alexa Skills
Use Amazon Pay for Alexa Skills to sell real-world goods and services such as food, clothing, car pick up services, and more. To use Amazon Pay, you need to register as an Amazon Pay merchant, then link your skill to your Amazon Pay account.
To get started with Amazon Pay for Alexa Skills, see Amazon Pay for Alexa Skills Overview.