Certify your Skill with Amazon Pay
Congratulations! You have built your skill, linked it with Amazon Pay, and tested it in Sandbox mode to confirm that it is working as desired.
Before you submit your skill for certification, make sure you have the following Amazon Pay requirements* integrated into your skill:
Additional Amazon Pay certification requirements
- Invocation name
The skill's invocation name must match the seller or brand name, and the skill must guide customers to use this when invoking the skill. For example, "Alexa, ask [seller name]…" or "Alexa, open [seller name]. For more information, see invocation name requirements.
- Skill description
The skill's description must note that the skill uses Amazon Pay to process payments. It must also contain the following sentence in the appropriate language:
- Deutsch: Dieser Skill verwendet Amazon Pay, um Ihre Zahlungen zu verarbeiten. Zum Schutz vor unerwünschten Bestellungen, können Sie in der Alexa App unter Einstellungen einen vierstelligen Sprachcode vergeben.
- English: This skill uses Amazon Pay to process your payments. To help protect against unwanted ordering, you can enable a four-digit voice code under Settings in the Alexa app.
- Español: Esta Skill utiliza Amazon Pay para procesar tus pagos. Para evitar pedidos no deseados, puedes activar un código de voz de cuatro dígitos en Configuración en la aplicación de Alexa.
- Français: Cette Skill utilise Amazon Pay pour traiter vos paiements. Pour vous protéger des commandes non souhaitées, vous pouvez activer un code vocal à quatre chiffres sous Paramètres dans l'application Alexa.
- Italiano: Questa Skill usa Amazon Pay per elaborare i tuoi pagamenti. Per evitare ordini indesiderati, è possibile abilitare un codice vocale di quattro cifre accedendo alla sezione Impostazioni dell'app Alexa.
- Japanese: このスキルは、Amazon Payを使用して支払いを処理します。意図しないご注文を避けるために、Alexaアプリの「設定」から4桁の確認コードを設定することができます。</li>
- Session management
If the session ends with an item in the cart, the next time the customer interacts with the skill you must present the option to continue their previous session with the item in their cart or start a new session.
- Cart confirmation and summary
Before completing the order, the skill must confirm via voice the seller of record, products, delivery details, and order total, including any taxes or tip/delivery charges.
Example: "You have a chocolate chip cookie and 5 other items in your cart. Your order total with tax is $15. Do you want to place your order with Cookie World?"
- Order confirmation
After the purchase is completed, confirm the order details to the customer via voice. Example: "Your order for a chocolate chip cookie and 5 other items for $15 is complete. Tracking information will be sent to your email address."
- Order confirmation card
After the purchase is completed, confirm the order details to the customer with a confirmation card.
Example: "Your order for a chocolate chip cookie and 5 other items for $15 is complete. You will receive your tracking information by email."
- Provide test instructions
Before submitting your skill for certification, make sure that you specify at least two in-skill product names in the skill's Testing Instructions. Find Testing Instructions in the developer console on the Distribution page in the Privacy and Compliance section of Developer Portal.
- Submit skill in Production mode
After the skill passes certification it is immediately available to the public. When you submit your skill for certification, make sure that you take it out of Sandbox mode and put it into Production mode. See Test your integration.
- Custom refund order intent
Your skill must contain a custom Refund Order Intent. This intent must tell the customer how they can request a refund. For example, provide an email address and phone number so they can contact your customer support.
- Custom cancel order intent
Your skill must contain a custom Cancel Order Intent. This intent must tell the customer how they can cancel their order. For example, provide an email address and phone number so they can contact your customer support.
*In addition to the Amazon Pay requirements, also review the following certification requirements for your skill.
Amazon Pay buyer ID requirements
If you use the Amazon Pay buyer ID API, be sure to follow its requirements.
Skills that use the Amazon Pay buyer ID API and allow customers to make payments must also use Amazon Pay to facilitate such payments within that skill. The only skills that may use the Amazon Pay buyer ID API without also using Amazon Pay for payments are non-transactional skills that provide a personalized Alexa experience by recognizing customers without offering them the ability to make payments within the skill.
- Developers must not use an Amazon Pay buyer ID to personalize a customer’s experience if the Amazon Pay buyer ID is associated with more than one local account in the merchant’s database. Instead, as mitigation, developers might do one of the following:
- If the skill must recognize a customer’s local account for a customer to progress within the skill, the skill can trigger a request that the customer use Alexa account linking. Doing so prompts customers to decide which local account to use if they have more than one.
- If the skill doesn't need to recognize a customer’s local account in order for the customer to progress within the skill, the skill can either respond as if the customer is transacting with the merchant for the first time.
- Developers must not map the identity of an Alexa user to an existing customer record or account in the merchant's database using any of the information that Amazon Pay shares with the developer other than buyer ID.
- If your skill is already integrated with Login with Amazon account linking and you also want to integrate with Amazon Pay for payment within the skill, you must remove Login with Amazon account linking before integrating Amazon Pay. If the skill is already launched with Login with Amazon and you want to switch to Amazon Pay without losing existing data, contact an Amazon Pay integration manager to avoid any data loss.
Excerpted from Alexa Skills Kit Certification Requirements
- Ensure that your skill meets the Alexa policy guidelines
The policy guidelines help ensure that your skill is appropriate for all customers. Adherence to these guidelines guards the privacy and welfare of Alexa users.
- Ensure that your skill meets the security requirements
Security requirements depend on your method of hosting the service for your skill. Customer trust is important to us. To protect customer data, your skill must meet Amazon's security requirements.
- Ensure that your skill meets the requirements for requesting customer contact information
You can then use this data to support personalized intents to enhance the customer experience without account linking.
- Perform all required functional tests
These tests verify that the information presented in the Alexa App accurately reflects the core functionality of your skill. This improves the experience when customers initially enable and begin using your skill.
- Perform all required voice interface and user experience tests
These tests verify the quality of your voice user interface. Interacting with a voice interface is a new experience for most customers. A robust interface with useful supportive prompts makes the experience feel more like a conversation.
- If your skill includes them, test your skill's screen-based interactions.
Submit your skill for certification
- Return to the developer portal, and then sign in.
- In your skill, click the Certification tab, click Submission, and then click Submit for review.
For merchants in the EU or the UK, we highly recommend to use the Just certify option and manually publish your skill when both skill and your Amazon Payments merchant account are certified, respectively verified. To learn more about this option, visit Test and Submit Your Skill for Certification