The skill rollback feature reverts your skill to a previous live version without having to resubmit the skill for manual recertification. This process helps you move between development cycles. For example, you might choose to rollback a skill if your new skill version introduced a bug or any other unintended behaviors.
lastUpdatedfield for the List Skills API. We made no other changes to these skills. Use the list-versions CLI command to confirm whether a version of your skill is available for rollback.
Skill version rollback eligibility criteria
The skill rollback version eligibility ensures that your skill version adheres to Amazon policy testing requirements and won't cause problems if it's rolled back.
The following list might not be exhaustive, depending on the specific features you support. In all cases, skills must also pass Amazon's certification criteria, including adhering to Amazon's content guidelines. For more details on these content guidelines, see Policy Testing for an Alexa Skill. Note that skills that use certain features aren't eligible for rollback. For example, skills that support changes between versions of Account Linking aren't eligible for rollback.
To determine if your skill is eligible for rollback
- Only custom skills and music skills are eligible.
- Your skill development cycle uses versions. For more details, see Version your skill and submit an optional version message.
- The previous skill version you are reverting to passed certification within the last six months.
- The previous skill version you are reverting to isn't suppressed, rejected, withdrawn.
- Your skill didn't add any new locales between versions.
- Your skill didn't add or change In-Skill Purchasing (ISP) or Account Linking between versions.
- Your skill didn't change it's invocation name between versions.
- Your skill didn't change from a child directed skill to a non child directed skill between versions.
- Your skill isn't currently 'In Review' or in the publishing stage. This also includes updating your skill to live instantly.
Use the developer console to rollback a skill
You rollback a skill by using the Version History tab on the Certification page.
To rollback to a previously published version of a skill
- Sign in to the ASK developer console.
- Select the Certification tab.
Select the Version History tab.
Every time you submit a skill for certification, the submitted version appears in the table displayed on the Version History page.
In the table, find the skill version you want to rollback.
You can verify you are looking at the correct skill by reading the message in the VERSION MESSAGE column. These are the same messages you wrote when submitted a version message with your skill.
- In the ACTIONS column, click Rollback.
- In the confirmation box, select Rollback.
- If the rollback is successful, a Rollback Succeeded message displays in the table.
- If the rollback failed, a Rollback Failed message displays in the table.
Use the CLI to rollback a skill
Use the SMAPI APIs to rollback a skill
For more details about how to use rollback with SMAPI API's, see Rollback a Skill.
Frequently asked questions
- What types of skills support rollback?
- For now, skill rollback supports custom skills and music skills. All skills must meet the minimum eligibility criteria. For more details how to identify eligible versions for rollback, see the skill version rollback eligibility criteria.
- When I rollback a skill, what skill assets change?
- Rollback works on the skill level, not the skill resource level. The following skill assets rollback: Manifest data and Interaction Model. Amazon owned artifacts – for example, built-in intents, slots, formatters and tokenizers – aren't rolled back to their older version.
- Can skill rollback change a skill that's still in the development stage?
- No, skill rollback can't make any changes to a skill that's in the development stage.
- Why is the rollback button in the developer console greyed out for a certified version?
- This means your skill version is ineligible for rollback. For more details how to identify eligible versions for rollback, see the skill version rollback eligibility criteria.
- I rolled back my skill version. Why does the Alexa skill store still show the previous version I was using before rollback?
- After rollback is complete and the skill version is Live on the Version History page, customers that have already enabled your skill are automatically rolled back to new Live version. These changes are reflected on the Alexa skill store shortly after.
The developer console: