Earn Money with an Alexa Skill
You can earn money with an Alexa custom skill by using in-skill purchasing (ISP), paid skills, or Amazon Pay for Alexa Skills.
Use ISP to sell digital goods and services, such as hints in a trivia skill or additional lives in a game skill, and more. ISP supports three different types of products:
- A one-time purchase provides access to premium content that never expires.
- A consumable purchase provides access to premium content that a customer can purchase, depletes when used, and then purchased again
- A subscription provides access to premium content for a set period of time, charged on a recurring basis until the customer cancels.
To get started with ISP, see Understand In-Skill Purchasing.
For additional resources, see:
- Understanding the In-Skill Purchasing Experience – The possible pathways that customers can take to make or decline a purchase in a skill and some best practices to create a seamless in-skill purchasing experience.
- How to Build an Alexa Skill with In-Skill Purchasing – A walkthrough of how to use the Alexa Skills Kit Command Line Interface (ASK CLI) to build skills that include one-time purchases and subscriptions.
- Make Money with Alexa Skills - An Introduction – A webinar about the different ways that you can make money with your Alexa skills, best practices for creating premium experiences, and how to select the right product to meet your needs.
If you want to charge customers an up-front payment to access your digital skill content, you can offer your skill as a paid skill with one of the following payment models:
- A one-time purchase provides access for as long as the Alexa skill is available.
- A subscription provides access for a set period of time, charged on a recurring basis until the customer cancels.
To get started with paid skills, see Understand Paid Skills.
Amazon Pay for Alexa Skills
Use Amazon Pay for Alexa Skills to sell real-world goods and services, such as food, clothing, car pick up services, and more. To use Amazon Pay, register as an Amazon Pay merchant, and then link your skill to your Amazon Pay account.
To get started with Amazon Pay for Alexa Skills, see Amazon Pay for Alexa Skills Overview.