Submitting Apps to the Amazon Appstore
Follow these steps to publish your app on the Amazon Appstore. For information specific to the Amazon Appstore on Windows, see Target Windows Devices.
For an overview of the app submission process, watch the following video tutorial.
Before starting the app submission workflow, review these requirements.
- Android APK, App Bundle, or an HTML5 web app. For details on Android development, see Android developer documentation.
- Amazon developer account.
- Image assets and descriptions for your app.
The Developer Console provides screens that you proceed through to enter information about your app. The following workflow map guides you through this process:
After you complete all the required information on a screen, the Developer Console displays a green check mark for that screen in the sidebar. You will not be able to submit your app until the Upload Your App File, Target Your App, and Appstore Details screens show green check marks.
For a broader overview of the app submission process, see Understanding Amazon Appstore Submission.
Depending on your app's functionality, you may need to do some additional steps not listed in the above workflow:
- In-app purchasing: If your app contains items available for in-app purchases (IAP), you must enter those on the In-App Items tab before submitting your app. See Create and Submit Single IAP items for instructions.
- Security Profile: If your app uses Login with Amazon, or Amazon Device Messaging APIs, be prepared to associate your app with a security profile as part of the submission process. See Security Profile for more details.
Before you can submit an app, you must register for a developer account (it's free) and add an app within the Developer Console. To sign in and add an app, use these steps.
Go to Developer Console and click Sign In in the upper-right corner.
If you already have an Amazon.com account but not an Amazon developer account, sign in with your Amazon.com account. The Developer Console creates the developer account using your Amazon.com email address, and then the two accounts are tied together and synced. You will be prompted to complete the registration profile pages in the Developer Console.
After you sign in, the Developer Console shows the Dashboard page for your account.
From the Dashboard, in the Amazon Appstore widget, click the Add a New App drop-down menu and select one of the following:
- Android (refers to Java-based Android apps, usually created with Android Studio)
The New App Submission page appears for you to enter basic information about your app. This information will be accessible on the Upload Your App File screen. You won't see the submission workflow screens until you save your app.
Go to the first step in the app submission workflow: Step 1: Upload Your App File.
Last updated: Oct 11, 2023