Understanding Live App Testing
Amazon's Live App Testing (LAT) service allows you to quickly distribute apps that you intend to publish to the Amazon Appstore to a pre-defined set of testers before going live. The testers will be able to sample the full suite of Amazon services against Amazon's production environment, so that you can ensure your app is working as expected. Examples of features that you can test include the following APIs and services:
- In-App Purchasing (IAP)
- GameCircle Achievements and Leaderboards
- Facebook integration and connectivity
- Amazon Device Messaging
- Amazon Maps
LAT allows you to gather feedback, improve quality, increase stability and optimize the experience before you publish your app live for all customers to download. Your test results will show you exactly what your customers would see if the app were live in the Amazon Appstore.
Amazon Pre-Submission Testing Workflow Using Live App Testing
Use the following process to submit an app to LAT:
- Submit your to Amazon for testing:
- Submit your app to the App Testing Service.
- Submit the APK for your app to LAT.
You can submit your app to LAT and App Testing Service concurrently.
- Have your group of testers test your app via LAT:
- Add your testers.
- Your testers download and test your APK.
- Evaluate the test results:
- Evaluate your tester feedback.
- Evaluate the App Testing Service results.
Based on the test results and feedback, make any changes to your app. Re-submit to testing, as needed.
- Once you are satisfied with your testing results, promote your app to be published live in the Amazon Appstore.