Before you create Leaderboards and Tournaments tournaments for a game, you need to register the game and link the game to your AWS account.
- Admin access to an AWS Account
- Login to the Leaderboards and Tournaments Console
- Register your game
- Link Your AWS Account
- Link a Registered Game to AWS Account
- Change the Linked AWS Account
- Add Game Stats
Admin access to an AWS Account
You need an active AWS account to use with Leaderboards and Tournaments billing. If you already have an AWS account, make sure that you have admin access to the account. You need the 12-digit AWS account number to register your game.
If you need an AWS account, navigate to the AWS home page and click Create an AWS Account.
Login to the Leaderboards and Tournaments Console
Use your Amazon login credentials to log in to the Leaderboards and Tournaments Console.
Register your game
Leaderboards and Tournaments provides the first 35,000 game plays each month at no charge. You are billed for your Leaderboards and Tournaments usage above the first 35,000 plays. Leaderboards and Tournaments charges will be included in your monthly AWS bill. You need to link an active AWS account to each game that you register with Leaderboards and Tournaments.
You need to register each game just once with Leaderboards and Tournaments. After that, you can use the game in any number of Leaderboards and Tournaments competitions. One of the steps to register your game is to link the game to your AWS account.
You must register a game before you can create any Leaderboards and Tournaments competitions for that game.
- From the home page, click the Game Settings tab.
- Click Register New Game, which opens the Game Details dialog box.
- In the dialog box, enter a value for Game Title. If this is your first game, enter a value for Developer Name.
- Enable advanced security if desired. For a description of advanced security, see Game API Advanced Security.
- Set Game is directed towards children, if the target audience of the game includes children under the age of 13. For details, see COPPA Policy.
Click Continue, which opens the AWS Billing Setup dialog box. Follow the steps below to link your AWS account.
Link Your AWS Account
In this section, you associate an AWS account to be billed for the game.
Step A. Enter your AWS account number and click Send Verification Code. If you need to create an AWS account, or look up your account number, follow the Sign in to AWS Account link.
Step B. The console displays the AWS Billing Setup dialog box, which contains three steps.
- Click on "Sign In to S3 console", then return to the Leaderboards and Tournaments console.
- Click on "this page" link, which opens an AWS S3 web page (for gameon-verification-code.html) in a new browser tab. This step will fail if you do not have admin access to the AWS account.
- Click the Open button, which displays the verification code in a new browser tab.
- Copy the verification code, and close the two AWS tabs.
Step C. Back in the AWS Billing Setup dialog box, paste the verification code into the Step 3 text box and click Verify Account.
If your AWS account failed to link, the console re-opens the AWS Billing Setup dialog box. We recommend that you log in to your AWS account and view the account settings, to ensure that your account is active and in good standing, and that you have admin access to the account.
If your AWS account is active, the console completes the game registration and displays the game details, including a green check mark and a message that the game is now ready.
Link a Registered Game to AWS Account
Verify that each of your registered games is linked to an AWS account:
- From the Leaderboards and Tournaments Console home page, click the Your Games tab. The console displays a list of your games.
- If a game is already linked to an AWS account, the Linked AWS Account column displays the last four digits of your AWS account number.
- If the Linked AWS Account column for a game is blank, you need to link the game to an AWS account.
Select Link AWS Account from the Game Settings drop-down list in the actions column to start this task. Follow the task steps described in Link Your AWS Account.
Change the Linked AWS Account
You can change the AWS account number that is linked to any of your games. Billing is prorated for accounts that you change during the month. For example, if you change the account from A to B on the 15th of the month, the first 15 days charge are billed on account A and last 15 days are billed on account B.
To change the account number:
- Select Change AWS Account from the Game Settings drop-down list in the actions column to start this task.
Follow the task steps described in Link Your AWS Account.
Add Game Stats
To create or edit game stats:
In the list of registered games, select Add Score Stats from the Game Settings drop-down list. If the game already includes at least one stat, the selection is named Add/Edit Score Stats.
This action opens the Score Stats modal form.
In the form, enter the name of one or more score stats to associate with this game.
Stat names are not case sensitive. For example, Leaderboards and Tournaments treats "coins" and "COINS" as identical stats.
For additional information about game stats, see Stats-based Leaderboards.