The GameOn Service enables you to easily create in-game events to boost user engagement and retention. Use the GameOn APIs to host leaderboards, multi-round competitions, and leagues. You can offer in-game prizes and physical prizes fulfilled by Amazon.
GameOn is available in any of the countries/regions where AWS is offered. Use GameOn on any operating system, device, surface, or screen size.
The GameOn system is powered by a set of micro services built on the native AWS platform. Developers integrate the REST APIs into their game to take advantage of the GameOn services, while maintaining complete control of the gameplay and UX from the app.
Because all of the functionality is accessible through these APIs and we do not rely on a client component such as an SDK, there are no restrictions on the development platform (Unity, XCode, Android Studio, etc.), operating system (iOS, Android, Fire OS etc.), surfaces and screen sizes (Mobile, Desktop, Console, TV).
You create, manage, and monitor competitions through the self-service GameOn Console, and then call the various GameOn APIs to display available competitions, have players participate in the competitions, submit the scores of their gameplay, and redeem digital prizes. Currently, physical prizes are available only in USA.
- Create multi-format competitions and leaderboards.
- Enable end-users to create competitions in-game.
- Award in-game prizes and physical prizes.
- Define entry requirements to filter the players that can join a competition.
- Create and manage team competitions.
- Choose the regions and countries where your tournaments are offered.
- Use Tournament Organizer to offer GameOn tournaments from Twitch.
For detailed feature descriptions, see GameOn Features
Pages at a Glance
- GameOn Release Notes
- Amazon GameOn provides frequent incremental releases to introduce new capabilities and to provide fixes for issues. more »
- Feature Descriptions
- Describes the features and capabilities offered for GameOn tournaments. more »
- The GameOn Glossary defines common terms that are used in the GameOn Console and the GameOn APIs. more »
- GameOn FAQ
- Frequently-asked questions related to the GameOn service. more »