Target Windows Devices
For information on how to set up your Windows environment, see Microsoft's documentation on Windows Subsystem for Android device requirements .
- Submit new apps for Windows devices
- View errors and observations
- Remove apps from Windows devices
- Related resources
Submit new apps for Windows devices
The Amazon Appstore must enable your app for Windows before you can target Windows 11 devices in the Developer Console. Enabling your app is currently done for individual apps, not for all apps in your account. Therefore, it's possible to have some apps that can target Windows devices and some that cannot. After your app is enabled, the option to select Windows devices appears on the Device Support screen. Make sure to toggle support for Windows 11 devices on, as it is not active by default.
To target Windows devices in the Developer Console:
- Go to the App Information tab, click Edit and upload your APK.
- Click Edit next to Supported Devices.
- In the Device support section, select the Windows Devices tab.
Click Make your app available on Windows 11 Devices to toggle support for Windows 11 devices.
You can confirm that Windows devices are targeted in the Uploaded Files section. Hover over View and see Windows 11 devices in the list of supported devices for your APK.
To make sure your new app is compatible with Windows devices, see the Windows Compatibility Guide and Amazon's publishing guidelines. Then, follow the existing steps to publish an app on the Amazon Appstore.
View errors and observations
After you submit your app, the Appstore routes the app through its approval process before the app is actually published and made available for download. A Review Status tab appears where you can track the status of your app submission.
You can filter by Windows devices in the Review Status tab. In the image below, the user filters by Windows Devices and finds a warning about app button cropping.
Remove apps from Windows devices
You can remove an app from Windows devices in the Developer Console.
- Log in to the Developer Console and select App List.
- Select the appropriate app.
- Select the App Information tab.
- Go to the Device Support section and select Edit device support.
- In the Windows Devices tab, toggle off Make your app available on Windows 11 Devices.
- Submitting Apps to the Amazon Appstore
- Windows Compatibility Guide
- Troubleshooting Index for Windows
- Amazon Appstore on Windows 11 blogs
Last updated: Nov 18, 2022