AVS Certified for Humans Program Requirements
The Certified for Humans certification program for Alexa Voice Service (AVS) enabled devices identifies high-quality user experiences across setup, usability, and performance. Certified for Humans devices are struggle-free, tinker-free, and stress-free. When Amazon certifies your device as Certified for Humans, they become eligible for several marketing and promotion benefits.
Read on to learn more about the benefits offered for Certified for Humans for AVS devices and to learn about program eligibility requirements.
Benefits of the Certified for Humans Program
Certified for Humans AVS devices are eligible to receive the following benefits:
- Promotion on the Amazon.com retail website
- Certified for Humans program branding assets
- Promotion on Amazon search and social campaigns
- Product showcase inclusion on the Certified For Humans landing page
- Continued inclusion in Certified for Humans marketing content
Eligibility requirements to become Certified for Humans
To become eligible for the Certified for Humans program, your AVS device must meet the following requirements:
- Alexa Built-in or Works with Alexa certification – Your product must be certified as Alexa Built-in or Works with Alexa.
- Frustration Free Setup (FFS) – Your product meet FFS requirements:
- Your product must implement FFS and support Zero Touch Setup (ZTS).
- Your product's inventory must not be mixed with non-FFS inventory on Amazon.com. Every customer who purchases your product must receive an FFS-enabled device.
- Positive Customer Reviews – Your product must have at least a 4.0 average customer review rating on Amazon.com.
- Firmware updates – Your product must support automatic firmware updates that run in the background and don't interrupt the user experience.
- Manufacturer warranty – Your product must be backed by a minimum 90 day warranty for both new and refurbished models of the device.
- Mean-time-to-resolution (MTTR) – You must maintain a MTTR of less than four hours for product issues, meaning that you must qualify the issue and provide a timeline for when you will have a plan for resolution or deploy the solution.
Last updated: Apr 21, 2021