Install the LWA SDK for Android
Login with Amazon for Android and Fire Apps Overview
Using the Login with Amazon SDK for Android benefits you and your customers:
- Get started with ease: The instructions below will walk you through using the SDK APIs to integrate Login with Amazon to your Android and Fire apps as quickly as possible.
- Let Amazon do the heavy lifting: The SDK APIs handle the entire login flow, from validating login credentials to redirecting your customers back to your app, so you don't have to.
- Provide your customers with the best login experience: The SDK automatically displays the login and consent screen as best suited for your customers (learn more).
- Download the Login with Amazon Android SDK
- Upgrade your Login with Amazon SDK for Android
- Getting Started
- SDK Release Notes
- Older Documentation
Download the Login with Amazon Android SDK
You can download the Login with Amazon Android SDK here:
The Login with Amazon SDK for Android will help you add Login with Amazon to your Android, Fire TV, and Fire tablet applications. We recommend you use the Login with Amazon SDK for Android with Android Studio. For steps on how to install Android Studio and on getting the Android SDK set up, see Get the Android SDK on developer.android.com
When the Android SDK is installed, find the SDK Manager application in your android installation. To develop for Login with Amazon, you must use the SDK Manager to install the SDK Platform for Android 2.2 or higher (API version 8). See Adding SDK Packages on developer.android.com for more information on using SDK Manager.
After installing the SDK, set up an Android Virtual Device (AVD) for running your apps. See Managing Virtual Devices on developer.android.com for instructions on setting up a virtual device.
Upgrade your Login with Amazon SDK for Android
Use these instructions to quickly upgrade an older version of the Login with Amazon SDK for Android to the current version (3.x).
These topics will show you how to add Login with Amazon to your Android app. After completing these steps you should have a working Login with Amazon button in your app to allow users to log in with their Amazon credentials.