Understand Smart Home Entertainment Skills
You can use the
Alexa APIs to create Alexa skills that control smart home entertainment and audio visual (AV) devices such as smart TVs, cable boxes, and other entertainment devices. You create skills for smart home entertainment devices the same way you create any other smart home skill. For details, see Understand Smart Home Skills and Steps to Build a Smart Home Skill.
Alexa interfaces to build skills for smart home entertainment devices use the pre-built voice interaction model.
The following examples show some user utterances.
Alexa, change the channel to two hundred on the Living Room TV.
Alexa, change the input to HDMI one on the Living Room TV.
Alexa, turn the volume down on the stereo by twenty.
Alexa interfaces for smart home entertainment skills
Implement the following Smart Home APIs in your Alexa skill to enable users to control your smart home entertainment devices. For ideas about how to combine Alexa interfaces in different products, see Get Started with Device Templates. For interfaces for video, see Video Skill APIs.
- Alexa.ChannelController — Users can change or increment the channel for an entertainment device.
- Alexa.EqualizerController — Users can set and adjust the equalizer bands and sound modes of a smart entertainment device.
- Alexa.InputController — Users can change the input of an entertainment device.
- Alexa.Speaker — Users can control the volume of their entertainment devices that contain audio speakers.
- Alexa.StepSpeaker — Users can control the volume of their entertainment devices that contain audio speakers.
- Alexa.WakeOnLANController — For a smart home device endpoints that support the Wake-on-LAN (WoL) or Wake on Wireless LAN (WoWLAN) standard for powering on.
- Smart Home Skill Device Templates
- Understand the Music and Radio Skill API
- Understand the Video Skill API
Last updated: Mar 02, 2022