After you complete your product design and finish developing your host microcontroller unit (HMCU) application, you can start manufacturing your Alexa Connect Kit (ACK)-based devices.
Product development guidelines
Phase 5: Manufacturing
In this phase, you prepare your manufacturing line to manufacture your ACK-based devices. On the manufacturing line, you add ACK-specific steps to process your ACK modules, such as YubiKey product provisioning, and generating Frustration-Free Setup (FFS) barcodes.
You also implement ACK production features, such as supporting over-the-air (OTA) updates. You solicit beta testing feedback and conduct rapid cycles of build-test-learn. You harden your design by performing functional and stress tests on your Design Validation Test (DVT) samples. You design and prepare your Quality Assurance (QA) test plan.
- Build ACK-specific steps into your production line, such as completing over-the-wire firmware updates, YubiKey product provisioning, barcode printing and handling, and so on.
- Design and implement an ACK-specific QA process into your production line, such as an out-of-box audit, product operation validation, and verification of your FFS barcodes.
- Obtain YubiKeys.
- Produce Design Validation Test (DVT) samples using your ACK-specific production line.
- Produce Production Validation Test (PVT) samples using your ACK-specific production line.
- Establish a process for your manufacturing line that includes your ACK-specific steps and QA testing.
- Complete a first production run.
In this section
- Prepare for Manufacturing
- Manufacturing Process
Was this page helpful?
Last updated: Nov 27, 2023