Developer Promotions Console tasks
The Developer Promotions Console helps you manage discounted pricing on your apps and in-app items. Create new campaigns at no cost. Access detailed reports that will show you the ROI of each campaign.
View the Promotions Console
From the developer console:
- Click the Apps & Services tab.
- Click the Promotions tab to display the promotions panel.
The promotions panel displays a Price Drop button and a list of your existing campaigns.
Create a campaign
To create a new campaign:
- Click the Price Drop button.
- Select Discount Apps or Discount In-App Items. The Price Drop Request dialog box opens.
- In the Define Campaign tab:
- Enter a name for the campaign.
- Select one or more apps to receive the discount.
- Select the Amazon Marketplaces where the campaign will run.
- Choose the dates that the campaign will run. Campaign duration is at least 1 day and at most 27 days.
- Choose the radio button to define the start time.
- By default, the campaign starts at the same local time in each marketplace.
- You can also start the campaign at a single global instant.
- Click Next.
- Define the discount that you want to apply to the app. Use one of these options:
- Define a percentage price drop to apply in each marketplace that you selected for this campaign.
- (Optional) Check the box to round the price to the nearest 9, such as $1.39.
- (Optional) Adjust the price in each marketplace.
- Note that each marketplace has a minimum price. Hover over Minimum Prices to view them.
- Click Next to view a summary of the campaign settings.
- Click Submit when the campaign details are as you want them.
View campaign information
To view the results of the campaign:
- Click the Promotions tab to see a list of the campaigns.
- Click View to open a detailed view of the campaign.
- Click Edit to update fields of a campaign that has not started yet.
The Promotions Console reports for specific campaigns are no longer available. You can extract the campaign sales from the regular Sales Reports.