Amazon Appstore Content Policy
Before beginning the app submission process, make sure that your app adheres to the Amazon Appstore Content Policy. If your app violates these guidelines, it will not be published to the Amazon Appstore.
The Amazon Appstore Content Policy includes the general guidelines on this page as well as the policies found on the following pages:
- Restricted Content Policy
- Intellectual Property, Deceptive Behavior, and Spam Policy
- Privacy and Security Policy
- Monetization and Advertising Policy
- Fire TV Advertising Policies
- Amazon Appstore Listing and Promotion Policy
- Child-Directed App (COPPA) Policy
General Content Policy Guidelines
All apps submitted to the Amazon Appstore must adhere to the guidelines that are described in this section. If Amazon determines that an app contains, facilitates, or promotes content that is prohibited by these guidelines, Amazon will reject the app submission or suspend further distribution of your app and notify you at the email address associated with your developer account.
- Family-Friendly Environment: Always keep in mind that the Amazon Appstore is a family-friendly environment. If your app contains content that would not be considered "family-friendly" and does not have adequate safeguards in place for our young customers, your app will be rejected or suppressed from the Amazon Appstore. See also Restricted Content Policy.
- Offensive Content: Use common sense in determining whether your app contains offensive content. Amazon reserves the right to determine the appropriateness of all apps and to accept or reject any app at our discretion. Amazon also has discretion to determine the appropriate content ratings for the apps. See also Restricted Content Policy.
- Pornography: We prohibit apps containing pornography or that depict sexual acts or sexually explicit material. This includes nudity contained in your app or marketing materials. We also do not allow content that drives traffic to adult sites. See also Restricted Content Policy.
- Illegal Activity: Each app must comply with all applicable laws. We prohibit apps that promote or may lead to the production of an illegal item or illegal activity. Developers are responsible for researching to ensure that each app is in compliance with all local, state, national, and international laws. See also Restricted Content Policy.
- User-Generated Content: Apps that include, or link to, user-generated content must include a method for filtering objectionable content, an age verification system, and a mechanism to report and remove offensive content. See also Restricted Content Policy.
- Malicious Behavior and Security Violations: Your app cannot include or contain instructions for malicious hacking, such as phishing or Trojans, or contain cracking content in the app or app metadata. This includes but is not limited to rooting a device, circumventing Amazon's or any developer's digital rights management (DRM) software, and illegal torrents, emulators, and downloaders. See also Privacy and Security Policy.
- Gambling with Real Currency: We prohibit apps that allow customers to participate in gambling activities with real currency (currency with actual monetary value). This does not include simulated gambling activities using currency with no actual monetary value. See also Restricted Content Policy.
- Intellectual Property Infringement: Apps that infringe the intellectual property rights of a third party may not be distributed in our Program. See also Intellectual Property, Deceptive Behavior, and Spam Policy.
- Privacy/Publicity Infringement: Amazon holds personal privacy in the highest regard. Therefore, Amazon prohibits apps that infringe, or have the potential to infringe, upon an individual's privacy, right of publicity, or that portray an individual in a false light. Celebrity images and/or celebrity names cannot be used for commercial purposes without permission of the celebrity or their management. This includes unauthorized celebrity image collections. See also Intellectual Property, Deceptive Behavior, and Spam Policy.
- Country or Region-Specific Restrictions: Some countries or regions in which we sell our apps may have more restrictive standards than other countries or regions for what qualifies as "Offensive Content," "Pornography," or "Illegal Activity." Amazon may restrict any app or IAP item from sale in any country or region where the sale or distribution of that app's content would violate that country or region's laws, cultural norms, or sensitivities.
Amazon does not proactively approve apps prior to you submitting your app. All apps are required to go through the app submission process to be published in the Amazon Appstore.