What's New in APL 1.9
(This is not the most recent version of the APL change log. Use the Other Versions option to see the documentation for the most recent version of the APL change log)
Alexa Presentation Language (APL) 1.9 introduces new features and capabilities for APL.
Authoring tool updates
The APL authoring tool has been updated with the following improvements:
The Lottie converter now supports additional Lottie format features:
- Trim Paths (limited support)
- Mattes (limited support)
For details, see Import a Lottie Animation
- The authoring tool now displays Code View and GUI View tabs, to make it easier to edit your document in different modes.
- The authoring tool now includes Add Component and Delete Component buttons, to make it more clear how you add items to the document while working in the GUI view.
- The Multimodal Responses button in the developer console navigation now opens the authoring tool in a pane within the same window, instead of launching a new window or tab.
- Edit Alexa Vector Graphics (AVG) in a graphical user interface. You can change colors and path data in the interface as an alternative to editing the JSON code. For details, see Edit an AVG in the authoring tool.
Import Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) (Beta)
You can use the APL authoring tool to convert Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) files into AVG objects to use in your Alexa Presentation Language (APL) documents.
The SVG format is an XML-based markup language for describing vector graphics. AVG is a parameterized subset of SVG. You can display an AVG-defined graphic in your document with the
For details, see Import a Scalable Vector Graphic (SVG).
Viewport profile support
The responsive components and templates now support the mobile viewport profiles:
For details about viewport profiles in the
alexa-viewport-profiles package, see Alexa Viewport Profiles.
To fully support tablets that can rotate between landscape and portrait displays, configure your skill support resizing and run the
Reinflate command when the device configuration changes. For details, see the following:
- Let APL automatically resize your document
- Reinflate the document when the device characteristics change
Import the Alexa packages into your APL document
To use the latest components, templates, styles, and resources, update your APL document to import the latest versions of the packages.
For an overview of the components and templates, see Responsive Components and Templates.
APL now supports a
Tap gesture. This gesture detects a deliberate tap on a component, in a manner that is more restrictive than
onPress. Use the
onTap handler to define commands to run when the system detects a tap.
- You can now animate bound properties with the
environment property in the data-binding context now includes the following new properties:
disallowEditText– True when the
EditTextcomponent is disabled.
disallowDialog– True when the
SpeakListcommands are disabled
- A change to the
environment.disallowVideoproperty now runs the commands defined in the
onConfigChangehandler for the document.
Work with APL versions
For details about how to check the APL version, see What's New in APL.