Get Started with Alexa for Hospitality APIs
Before you can use Alexa for Hospitality APIs, you must create a local Amazon Business account, and then register it with Alexa for Hospitality. Then you must create a Login with Amazon (LWA) security profile by using the same Amazon Business account that you registered with Alexa for Hospitality. Finally, you must use the security profile to generate an API access token.
amazon.frand use each account to sign up for Alexa for Hospitality and manage devices in the corresponding marketplace.
To create an Amazon Business account
- To create an Amazon Business account, follow Step 1 in the Get started with Alexa for Hospitality self-guided checklist.
Note: It takes one to two days for your account to be validated and to gain access through Amazon Business. To verify the business account, make sure you have official documents that contain your EIN, or sole proprietor, or individual status.
To register with Alexa for Hospitality
- If you're already working with a member of the Alexa Smart Properties Business Development team, inform them that you've completed the previous steps, and they'll complete your setup.
- If you're not working with a member of the Business Development team, see Get Started with Alexa for Hospitality and Alexa for Residential. A member of the Business Development team will contact you to:
- Register your company's Amazon Business account email or customer ID, legal entity ID, and LWA client ID
- Finalize pricing
- Finish setting up your subscription
- Give you your Alexa for Hospitality organization (
Create an LWA security profile
Create a security profile by following the steps in the LWA console, using the same Amazon Business account and email address that you registered with Alexa for Hospitality. For future reference, make sure to note the client ID for your application. After creating your security profile, add your website to the security profile.
Integrate with LWA to get an API access token
To integrate LWA into your application to obtain an API access token, follow the instructions in Integrate LWA with your app. These instructions show you how to integrate LWA into your application and obtain an LWA API access token. For more details, see Authorization Code Grant.
To integrate with LWA to get an API access token for Alexa for Hospitality
Auth Code Grantas your auth grant type.
- Request the
After you can successfully log in with LWA by using your Amazon Business account, you can call Alexa for Hospitality APIs.
To refresh your access token, follow the instructions in Using Refresh Tokens.
Use the LWA access token
To call the APIs, you must include your API access token as part of the Authorization request header of each API call.
The following example is a CURL request that uses the access token to call the endpoint enumeration API. To use it, change
$ACCESS_TOKEN to your real access token, and then change the URL to the correct one for the API you're calling.
curl -i -v -X GET -H "Authorization: Bearer $ACCESS_TOKEN" https://api.amazonalexa.com/v2/endpoints
Now that you've registered with Alexa for Hospitality, you're ready to use its APIs.