Earn with In-App Purchasing
Recent Videos and Blog Posts
- Testing and Submitting Web Apps Webinar Replay
- Now Accepting Web Apps
- Amazon @ HTML5 Dev Conf
- Sell your HTML5 Web Apps in the Amazon Appstore
- Distributing HTML5 Web Apps in the Post PC World
- HTML5 Web Apps: Tips on Acquiring Customers in the Amazon Appstore
- Optimizing HTML5 for Distribution on Mobile Devices
- HTML5DevConf: Aaron Rubnson on HTML5 Apps
HTML5 and Web Apps Welcomed
Fast Performance on Kindle Fire Devices
Responsive Web Design
Amazon Web Apps take advantage of responsive web design and run your existing mobile website as an app. Since the web app is based on your existing code, any changes to your mobile website are automatically reflected in the Amazon Web App. There is no longer a need to create a separate mobile application with separate content from your website.
Through the Amazon Appstore, Amazon provides a Web App Tester application that is installed on Kindle Fire and Android devices. The Web App Tester allows you to run your mobile website as an application, in real time, while coding and debugging. There’s no need to compile or create a new application. You simply enter your website URL in the Web App Tester, and Amazon builds an app around it. Because web apps are also based on the popular open source Chromium project, you can utilize the same Chrome Dev Tools you use for your existing websites today to debug against a Kindle Fire or Android device.
Download the Web App Tester and start testing your websites.