New to IAP?
Developing Your App
Testing and Validation
Cross-Platform Tools Plugins
IAP has been updated. Looking for the previous version of IAP? Click here.
Monetization Made Easy
The In-App Purchasing (IAP) API makes it easy for you to offer digital content and subscriptions for purchase within your app, such as in-game currency, expansion packs, upgrades, magazine issues, consumables, and more. You can quickly be up and running, ready to give millions of Amazon customers the ability to purchase engaging digital content using Amazon 1-Click settings.
In-App Purchasing handles the details of purchase flow, payment processing, receipts, and rights management for the purchasable content. With unique receipt identifiers, the IAP API enables you to easily ensure that customers receive purchased in-app items quickly, as well as track transactions and fulfillment.
Implement the In-App Purchasing API to do the following:
- Create a "freemium" model for your app, where the app itself is free but you charge a premium for advanced services or functionality.
- Allow customers to purchase in-app currency directly within your app experience.
- Allow customers to subscribe to content available within your app.
- Make additional content available for purchase directly from your app.
- Provide a better customer experience by understanding and tracking customer purchases, cancellations, and transaction details.
To enable these features and scenarios, get started with the In-App Purchasing API as described in Implementing IAP 2.0.
Getting Started with In-App Purchasing
New to In-App Purchasing? Read the following topics to get started:
- Understanding In-App Purchasing: Learn the terminology and other basics related to In-App Purchasing.
- Getting Started with In-App Purchasing: Set up your development environment and import, build, and try the IAP sample apps.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs): Have a question? See the FAQ page for IAP.
Testing Your App
Amazon provides three options for testing your app before going live with a wide release:
- Unit testing: To perform unit testing of an unsubmitted app that implements IAP, download and use the Amazon App Tester tool.
- Platform compatibility: To verify your app's compatibility on various Android and Fire mobile devices, use the App Testing Service.
- Beta testing: To beta test your app with a select group of users after submitting your app to the Amazon Appstore, use Amazon's Live App Testing tool.
Keeping up with In-App Purchasing
To stay informed about changes to the In-App Purchasing API and related tools, bookmark the What's New in In-App Purchasing page, and check the page periodically.