Step 5: Register Your Device
To register your Alexa Connect Kit (ACK) development device with Alexa, use the following instructions.
Step 5.1: Restart the ACK development board
When the ACK module on the development board begins to receive power, it initiates a beacon process. This process makes the device discoverable for barcode registration. If the device is not discovered, the module returns to an idle state.
To restart the beacon process, manually disconnect the USB cable from the Arduino Programming Port, and then reconnect it.
Step 5.2: Check your preferred marketplace
The preferred marketplace associated with your Alexa app login account must match one of the regions you select when you create your product. For example, if you choose Region 1 when you create your product, then the marketplace associated with the account you use for device registration must be in Region 1 (US, CA, MX, or BR). If you don't know which marketplace is associated with your account, use the following instructions to check your settings.
To check or change the marketplace associated with your account
- Open the Digital Payment Settings page on Amazon.com or on the Amazon website for your country.
- To see the marketplace associated with your account, expand Country/Regions Settings.
- To change the specified locale, see Change Your Amazon Account Country.
Step 5.3: Register your device
The following steps register your ACK module with ACK managed services so your device can access Alexa services.
To register your ACK device module
- On your mobile device, open the Alexa app.
- Navigate to Devices, and then click the plus sign (+).
- Click Add Device.
- From the list, choose Development Device.
- Answer the question What brand is your development device?
Choose the brand of your developer kit, such as ACK or Espressif.
- If prompted, enable Bluetooth and location services on your mobile device, allow camera access, and then click NEXT.
- Use the Alexa app to scan the printed barcode that came with your development kit.
The default ACK test device is named Development Device.
- Select the Wi-Fi network and, if prompted, enter the Wi-Fi password.
After the ACK setup utility connects your module, confirm that the following message appears:
Development device is set up and ready to use.
Verify that the white status LED light on your development board is now green.
- Verify that your test product appears on the Modules page of the ACK developer console.
Was this page helpful?
Last updated: Aug 02, 2023