To configure a new smart home skill, you need an account on the Amazon Developer Console. If you don't already have an account, go to https://developer.amazon.com/alexa/console/ask and create an account.
Registering is free. Once you've registered:
3. Enter the Skill name as my-smart-home-skill
Your skill name must adhere to our content guidelines, found at https://developer.amazon.com/en-US/docs/alexa/custom-skills/policy-testing-for-an-alexa-skill.html. Note that your skill's name must not indicate that its functionality is limited. For example, you should not use "basic", "reduced" or "simple" in the title of your skill.
4. Leave the Default language set to English (US).
5. Under Choose a model to add to your skill page, select Smart Home, which is a pre-built model, and click Create skill.
6. Leave the default Payload version set to v3.
7. Copy your Skill ID to the clipboard. The ID will be in a format similar to the following: amzn1.ask.skill.1a2b55555-c325-1234-d56e-1f234d5e6a78. Keep this page open and open a new tab, you’ll come back here to paste the Default endpoint after you create it in just a few moments.