You’ll want your skill to know the state of your devices (e.g., “is the power on or off?”), so let’s store that in a database. You can use Amazon DynamoDB to create a table and store the state.
1. Navigate to the Amazon DynamoDB Tables console at https://console.aws.amazon.com/dynamodb/home?region=us-east-1#tables, and ensure you are in the “N. Virginia” (us-east-1) region.
2. Click the Create table button.
3. For the Table name, enter SampleSmartHome.
4. For the Primary key, enter ItemId.
5. Keep “Use default settings” selected
6. Click the Create button to create the table.
Note: It may take a moment for the table to be created.