About Managing Subscriptions
After you create a unit under your organization (for example, representing your property), you can assign a subscription to it so that all endpoints in units created under the property can get the intended features, experiences, and policies.
Each subscription is a pre-defined skill. To enable the hospitality subscription for your property, use the Skill Management API with the skill ID from the Skill IDs list.
You can only enable subscriptions on a level-one unit (that is, a direct child unit of organization). The rest of this documentation refers to a level-one unit as a property. You can't create further hierarchy under a property until you enable a subscription on the property.
You can enable any of the available subscriptions for the properties in your organization. Any given property can only have one subscription associated with it at a given time. Any units you create under the property going forward will automatically have the subscription applied to them. If you wish to remove all subscriptions, work with your Alexa Smart Properties contact for next steps.
To enable the Alexa Smart Properties for hospitality subscription for your property, use the Skill Management API with the skill ID from the following list.
Prior to subscription enablement, you can perform following actions on the property unit.
"Alexa.Unit.Update" "Alexa.Unit.Delete" "Alexa.Unit.Read" "Alexa.Unit.ListChildren" "Alexa.Skill.CreateEnablement" "Alexa.Role.GetRole" "Alexa.Role.AssignRole" "Alexa.Role.RevokeRole" "Alexa.Role.DeleteRole" "Alexa.Role.ListAssignmentsForRole" "Alexa.Role.ListAssignmentsForPrincipal" "Alexa.Skill.GetEnablements" "Alexa.Skill.GetEnablement"
Alexa Smart Properties for hospitality subscription
The Alexa Smart Properties for hospitality subscription gives you access to the following Alexa features and capabilities:
- Audio Calling to Alexa devices
- Video Calling to Alexa devices
- Notifications and Announcements
- Smart Device Discovery and Control using voice
- Bluetooth Device Discovery and Connectivity using voice
- Alarms, Reminders, Timers and To Do Lists
- Daily Briefing and Information
- Do Not Disturb Mode using voice
- Accessibility Settings on devices with screen via voice
The following capabilities are blocked or not allowed in the Alexa Smart Properties for hospitality subscription:
- Settings on devices with screen
- About Alexa Smart Properties for Hospitality
- Get Started with Alexa Smart Properties for Hospitality APIs
- Manage Properties and Rooms
- Alexa Smart Properties for Hospitality Device Purchase and Setup
- Manage Skills in Alexa Smart Properties for Hospitality
Last updated: Jul 07, 2021