Frustration-Free Setup Program Requirements
These FFS Program Requirements are part of the Amazon Developer Services Agreement (the "Agreement"). Capitalized terms used, but not defined, in these FFS Program Requirements have the meanings given in the Agreement.
A FFS Product may be a Provisionee Product, a Provisioner Product, or both. A “Provisionee Product” is a FFS Product that can access the FFS Services for purposes of being automatically connected to a local network. A “Provisioner Product” is a FFS Product that enables a Provisionee Product to access the FFS Services to connect to a local network.
- General FFS Product Requirements
- FFS Service Requirements
- Provisionee Product Requirements
- Provisioner Product Requirements
- Branding Requirements
- Your Product; Approval
1. General FFS Product Requirements
Your FFS Product and any companion application for your FFS Product must not:
- promote or contain pornography or sexually explicit, obscene, violent, harassing, libelous or defamatory materials;
- promote hatred or discrimination or any activity or content that in our judgment is inappropriate or offensive, or employ discriminatory practices based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, age or any other protected class;
- promote, facilitate, or undertake illegal or potentially illegal activities;
- violate or infringe or promote the violation or infringement of any intellectual property, proprietary, or other rights of any person or entity (including contractual rights, copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade dress, trade secret, common law rights, rights of publicity, or privacy, or moral rights);
- operate as a gambling business (including without limitation online gambling (e.g., poker), lotteries (e.g., sale of lottery tickets), raffles, sports forecasting, and odds-making);
- execute or distribute any virus, spyware, adware, malware, or other harmful or malicious component; or
- be promoted or directed to children under the age of 13 or allow access to the FFS Service by any user accounts or profiles you maintain for children under the age of 13.
2. FFS Service Requirements
You agree that in connection with your (and your FFS Products’) use of the FFS Service and FFS Materials:
- you will implement all reasonable security measures to ensure that no third party may gain unauthorized access from your FFS Products to the FFS Service, any FFS Materials, or any data intended for or delivered by the FFS Service;
- you will comply with the technical requirements in the FFS Service documentation;
- you will not disable, obscure, impair, circumvent, or modify (i) data intended for or delivered by the FFS Service, or (ii) any features, functionality, or performance of the FFS Service;
- you will not monitor the FFS Service for the availability, performance, or functionality of Amazon’s products or services;
- you will not collect or store any data intended for or delivered by the FFS Service, and if you receive any such data, you must delete it;
- you will not facilitate or provide access to the FFS Service through any means other than through the authentication methods we specify, and you will not disable, circumvent or avoid any security device, mechanism or protocol of or for the FFS Service;
- your FFS Product must be capable of receiving over-the-air updates that allow for authorized software updates to be securely distributed;
- you will promptly (and in any event within any timeframes we expressly specify) update your FFS Products with any updates we require to any FFS Materials incorporated into your FFS Products;
- you will be solely responsible for determining and complying with any applicable Laws related to your FFS Products, the design, manufacturing, marketing, offer for sale, sale, distribution, use, and operation thereof;
- you will not (i) misrepresent your identity or the origin of your FFS Product, (ii) mask your usage in connection with your use of the FFS Service, or (iii) provide your developer credentials to any third party;
- you will not charge any fees to any end user to access or use the FFS Service via your FFS Product; and
- you may not use the FFS Service for any activity where the use or failure of the FFS Service could lead to death, injury, or property damage.
3. Provisionee Product Requirements
You agree that in connection with your (and your Provisionee Products’) use of the FFS Service and FFS Materials:
- each of your Provisionee Products will not collect or store any data intended for or delivered by the FFS Service (other than local network access credentials consistent with our technical requirements), and if you receive any such data, you must delete it;
- each of your Provisionee Products will provide a means for an end user to delete all data delivered by the FFS Service and stored locally on the Provisionee Product;
- you will protect the secrecy of any FFS Materials consisting of private cryptographic keys and solely handle and install those private cryptographic keys onto a Provisionee Product by following our technical security requirements for private cryptographic keys; and
- You must immediately contact us via e-mail at the e-mail address specified in the Agreement if you become aware that any FFS Materials consisting of one or more private cryptographic keys were actually, may have been, or may in the future be exposed, compromised, inadvertently disclosed, or otherwise handled in a manner inconsistent with our technical requirements.
4. Provisioner Product Requirements
You agree that in connection with your (and your Provisioner Products’) use of the FFS Service and FFS Materials:
- you must, consistent with the technical requirements, make end users aware of the FFS Service and provide end users with a means to choose whether your Provisioner Product will connect Provisionee Products with the FFS Service;
- each of your Provisioner Products must transmit to the FFS Service any data from a Provisionee Product that is intended for the FFS Service, and your Provisioner Product will not transmit this data to or through any proxy server or to any destination other than the FFS Service;
- each of your Provisioner Products must transmit to a Provisionee Product any data from the FFS Service that is intended for that Provisionee Product, and your Provisioner Product will not transmit this data to or through any proxy server or to any other destination; and
- your Provisioner Products will not collect, store, modify, decrypt, or attempt to decrypt any data (i) from a Provisionee Product that is intended for the FFS Service, or (ii) from the FFS Service.
5. Branding Requirements
Your FFS Product must not have a product name, description, domain name, logo or any other branding that includes, is a variant of, or is confusingly similar to "Frustration-Free Setup", "FFS,", “Wi-Fi simple setup”, “Zigbee simple setup”, “Bluetooth simple setup”, "Amazon" or another Amazon trademark or logo.
6. Your Product; Approval
Your FFS Product must be a physical device, although it may also include a companion application for your device that is used to set up or manage your device. You must submit a proposed commercial version of your FFS Product to us for review and approval in connection with any proposed or actual distribution of (or otherwise making available use of) your FFS Product to any end users. We will approve or reject your FFS Product in our sole discretion, and you will not make your FFS Product available to end users unless and until you have received our written approval (email sufficient) for your FFS Product. If you plan to modify any FFS Product that we previously approved in a manner that results in more than an immaterial change to how your FFS Product accesses or uses the FFS Service, how your FFS Product handles any data intended for or transmitted from the FFS Service, or how your FFS Product presents any information or interactions about the FFS Service to end users, you will first disclose such proposed modification(s) to us in writing and, if we require, re-submit the modified FFS Product to us and obtain our re-approval before making the modified FFS Product available to end users. If we reject your FFS Product or if you do not submit your FFS Product for approval for participation in the FFS program, we may disable access to the FFS Service.