Step 1: Register
You need to perform the following steps before beginning your integration:
- Sign up for an Amazon Pay account (or provision an existing account) from the Amazon Pay website.
An Amazon Pay account provides Amazon with your payment and tax information, application information for reporting, and a Merchant ID (Seller ID) for signing button and widget requests.
To get started quickly, you can also create a developer account that can only access the Sandbox environment and complete registration later: US, EU (French, German, Italian, Spanish), UK, JP.
- Create a new Amazon Pay application (see below for video reference).
- Login to Seller Central and select Integration > Integration Central from the navigation bar on the top-left side.
- Under the Manage client ID/store ID(s) section, click on Create new client ID/store ID, and enter information about your application.
- When you save changes, you receive the Client ID and Client Secret needed for authentication.
- Set up an Amazon Pay Sandbox test buyer account. You will use the Sandbox to conduct an end-to-end test of your integration before going live. For details, see Setting up an Amazon Payments Sandbox test account.
- Obtain an SSL certificate. Your server is required to have a valid SSL certificate issued by a trusted Certificate Authority. Note: When working in a "localhost" environment, an SSL certificate is not required. For more information, see SSL certification.
- Gather your credentials.
You can find the following credentials in Seller Central on the Amazon Pay Integration Settings page (Integration > MWS Access Key):
- Merchant ID (seller ID)
- MWS Access Key and MWS Secret Key
- Client ID and Client Secret
Amazon Pay University
Watch this video for an overview on custom-built integrations
Watch this video for an overview on creating a new Amazon Pay application