Alexa for Hospitality Device Purchase and Setup
Frustration-Free Setup (FFS) enables you to set up multiple Alexa-enabled devices by using a provisioner device. A provisioner device is a manually set up device from which Wi-Fi settings are automatically copied over to your other devices for quick setup. For more information, see Understanding Frustration-Free Setup.
To set up devices using FFS, perform the following steps:
- Set up the first device (provisioner device) using the Alexa companion app as directed in these device registration steps. You must log in to the Alexa companion app using the same Amazon Business account that you have registered for use with Alexa for Hospitality and that purchased your devices.
- Once the first device is online and shows in the Alexa companion app as online, plug in the second device within the range of the Wi-Fi router. that you used to set up the provisioner device and within Bluetooth range of the provisioner device that you set up in step 1.
- The second device should boot up, show the orange setup light, and say "Your device is ready for setup, please follow the instructions in your Alexa App," followed by "Setting up your device."
- Once the process is complete, the device is online and ready for use and appears in the response to
GET /v2/endpoints. It can also act as a provisioner for setting up other devices.
- You can repeat this process for more devices by powering them up, and ensuring they're within range of the Wi-Fi router and within Bluetooth range of at least one device that was previously set up.