Apply for Works with Alexa Certification
Use the Alexa Certification Console to manage your Works with Alexa (WWA) certification.
Before you use the Alexa Certification Console, you need the following items:
- An Alexa developer account. You must have an Alexa developer account even if you already have a vendor or seller account on the Amazon retail website. If multiple people in your organization manage the certification process, add additional users to the same account. For details, see Create Your Amazon Developer Account.
- An eligible Alexa-compatible device as stated in the Works with Alexa Program Guidelines.
- A product that meets the requirements for WWA certification. For details, see Works with Alexa Certification Requirements.
General workflow and timelines
Use the following workflow and timelines to help guide you through the process of getting your product WWA certified and badged. Allow at least one month or more for the certification process to complete.
Register your product – The first step in the certification process is to register your product in the certification console. Here, you provide product capabilities and how your product connects to Alexa. For details, see Register your product.
Submit your product for certification – After you've registered your product, submit a certification request for the product. The submission begins the process of engaging the WWA team. The team reviews your submission and either sends it to a third-party testing facility or rejects the submission. The WWA team notifies you of either decision. A typical response time for the review is two business days. For details, see Submit your product for certification.
Request the Works with Alexa badge – After you submit your product for certification, you can request the WWA badge. You can submit your badge request during certification submission or as a separate step. The WWA team reviews your badge request and approves or rejects your submission. A typical response time for the review is two business days. After your product has passed testing and Amazon approves your badge request, they place the badge on your product page by the date that you requested. For details, see Request the Works with Alexa Badge.
Start the testing process – After the WWA team accepts your certification request and sends it to a third-party testing facility, the facility contacts you directly to provide a quote for their fee and instructions to send the product to their location. Accept and pay the fee to move forward with the certification process. After the testing facility obtains the product, they follow the test plan required for your product to make sure that it meets the WWA quality bar. Allow ten business days for the facility to complete testing of your product.Note: Payment of fees doesn't guarantee WWA certification.
The WWA team reviews your test results and approves or rejects your submission. For details about test plans and the associated fees, and to track the status of your certification request, see Monitor certification testing.
For each certification request, the WWA team sends email notifications from
firstname.lastname@example.org to notify you of status updates on your request. You can unsubscribe from the emails at any time by updating your preferences within the console.
For questions, contact Amazon
During the registration and certification process, if you have questions, contact the Amazon WWA team.
To contact the Works with Alexa Certification program
- Sign in to the Alexa developer console.
- Open the Alexa Developer Contact Us page.
- Under Type, choose Works with Alexa Certification.
- Under Category, choose the appropriate category for your question.
- In the Subject and Description boxes, provide a summary and details of your question.
- To send the question, click Submit.
Last updated: Aug 23, 2022