Regions and Languages
Before you build a product with the Alexa Connect Kit (ACK), you need to understand what regions and languages you can support. This decision can impact where you store your data and where you can release your device.
At the moment, you can only commercialize and distribute ACK-based products in the United States. However, you can still prototype and localize your device for launches in Australia, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Spain, United States, and United Kingdom. To build a prototype, use the ACK development kit, which is available for purchase worldwide.
You choose your supported regions when you create a virtual product in the developer console. After you create a product, you can add additional supported regions, but you can't remove existing regions.
If you have already created a product, you can check what regions you support in the ACK developer console.
Check what regions you support
To check what regions you support
- Log-in to the ACK developer console.
- In the left-navigation menu, click Products, then click the product you want to edit.
Click the Additional Information tab.
The Region support section displays your regions.
For example, the following screenshot shows the Region support section.
Support for international languages
When you build an ACK-based product, the interaction model is already built for you using preconfigured smart home capability interfaces. This means that you don't have to design your own user utterances. If your capability interfaces already support international languages, Alexa automatically translates your utterances.
- For a list of smart home interfaces that ACK supports, see Smart Home Capability Interfaces.
- For the languages and locales that smart home interfaces support, see List of Alexa Interfaces and Supported Languages.
Alexa.ToggleControllerinterfaces don't automatically provide translated utterances. If you use these interfaces, you might need to provide custom translations.
- If you use friendly names, provide translations for your mode settings and preset values. For details on how to add friendly names in other languages to your product, see Add support for international languages.
Was this page helpful?
Last updated: Nov 27, 2023