Step 5: Register Your Device
To register your Alexa Connect Kit (ACK) development device with Alexa, scan the printed barcode that came with the development kit by using the following steps. This registers the ACK module on the development board with the ACK managed service and allows the module to connect to Alexa services. The ACK module has a unique device serial number, and is linked to your development device.
Step 5.1: Restart the ACK development board
When the ACK module on the development board first receives power, it starts a beaconing process to make the device discoverable for barcode registration. After five minutes, the module returns to an idle state, and the module is no longer discoverable until it returns to an active beaconing state.
To restart the beaconing process, manually disconnect the USB cable from the Arduino Programming Port, and then plug it back in.
Step 5.2: Register your device
To register your device
On your mobile device, open the Alexa app.Important: Make sure that you log into the Alexa app with the same account that you use to access the developer console.
- Select the Devices, and then select the plus sign (+).
- Select Add Device.
- From the list, select Development Device.
- For What brand is your development device?, choose the brand of your developer kit. For example, ACK or Espressif.
- If prompted, enable access to Bluetooth, camera, and location services on your mobile device, and then choose NEXT.
- To register the development device with Alexa, use the Alexa app to scan the printed barcode that came with the development kit. The default ACK test device is named Development Device.
- Select the Wi-Fi network to connect to, and if necessary enter the Wi-Fi password.
After the ACK setup utility connects your module, the message development device is set up and ready to use appears. The status LED on your development board changes from white to green. Your device is now connected to the Alexa service.Note: If you run into issues, see Troubleshoot the Development Kit.
- Verify that your test product appears on the Modules page of the ACK developer console.