Monetization and Advertising Policy
The Amazon Appstore provides numerous ways for you to earn money from your published apps:
- Download fee: Charge a fee for users to download the app.
- In-App Purchasing (IAP): Offer items for sale within your app. See In-App Purchasing Overview.
Amazon's general advertising policy applies to the Amazon Appstore.
Examples of Monetization and Advertising Violations
The examples in this section describe specific app scenarios that violate the Amazon Appstore Content Policies and will be rejected by the Appstore. These lists are not exhaustive, and the examples may change over time as new scenarios arise.
- An app that is actually a separate app store from the Amazon Appstore.
- Apps that offer compensation for downloading or installing other apps, or for providing product reviews in the Amazon Appstore or another store. Examples of compensation may include digital goods, physical goods, or monetary transactions.
- Solicitation of donations from end users.
Device and System Abuse
We prohibit apps that interfere with users' devices, our services, or other servers, networks, or third-party apps. For example, apps that interfere with or block another third party app from displaying ads are not permitted.