APL introduces a new dimension to engage customers by adding complementary visuals with your voice responses. When developing a multimodal skill, you’ll need to think about the visual display in addition to voice to enable customer interaction with the skill in multiple ways.
In the previous course, you learned about APL concepts. Knowledge about how customers interact with APL and the APL lifecycle will help you make the right design choices. This course will leverage your knowledge of APL concepts to help you get started with creating a basic multimodal skill.
Before you start this course, we recommend that you have the following knowledge/skills:
- Understand foundational APL concepts that help you build an enriching user experience
- Familiarity with JSON and Node.js
After completing this course, you will be able to:
1. Create a visual layout using APL
2. Test whether a device supports APL in Node.js
3. Bind data for the welcome screen
4. Respond to voice intent
In this course, you will create the welcome screen for a game. Tasks include:
1. Displaying a text using APL
2. Testing whether a display supports APL
3. Binding data displayed in a visual
4. Displaying customer intent on screen