Alexa Client Library (VSK Fire TV)
The Alexa Client Library is a Java API that you add to your Android project in your video skill integration with your Fire TV app. The Alexa Client Library enables authentication with LWA, automatic pairing with Echo, management of lifecycle events, sending Alexa responses to directives received in your app. More details about the Alexa Client Library provided in Step 3: Integrate the Alexa Client Library.
Download the Alexa Client Library
You can download the Alexa Client Library here:
Note that by downloading the Alexa Client Library, you agree to Amazon's Program Materials License Agreement.
The latest version is 1.4.6. For more details, see the Alexa Client Library Release Notes.
Javadocs for Alexa Client Library
To see the Javadoc for the Alexa Client Library, you can view it online here or open the Javadoc folder within the zip download.
Integrate the Alexa Client Library into Android Studio
To add the Alexa Client Library (
AlexaClientLib.aar) into your Android Studio project, do the following:
- Download the Alexa Client Library from the link above. After downloading the file, unzip it. The zip contains a file called
AlexaClientLib.aarand some documentation.
- In your Android Studio project, go to File > New > New Module.
- Select Import .JAR/.AAR Package and click Next.
- In the File name field, select the
AlexaClientLib.aarfile and click Open, and then click Finish.
- Go to File > Project Structure.
- Under Modules in the left menu, select app.
- Go to Dependencies tab.
- If you don't already see AlexaClientLib in the list of dependencies, click the + button in the bottom and select 3. Module dependency.
- Select the AlexaClientLib from the list.
Update an Existing Version of the Alexa Client Library into Android Studio
To update an existing version of the Alexa Client Library in your Android Studio project:
- Download the Alexa Client Library. After downloading the file, unzip it. The zip folder contains a file called
- In Android Studio, right-click the AlexaClientLib module and select Reveal in Finder (Mac) or Show in Explorer (Windows).
- Open the AlexaClientLib folder.
- Drag in the new
AlexaClientLib.aarfile, replacing the existing one. When asked if you want to overwrite the file, choose "Replace."