Supported Countries for Video Skills for Multimodal Devices
The following table lists the regional support for VSK for multimodal devices.
|Country||Locale||Video Skill Available for Multimodal Devices|
AWS Regions and Video Skills
The AWS region for your Lambda function must match the requirements listed in the following table.
|Locale||Customer Region||AWS Region|
|en-US, en-CA, fr-CA, pt-BR, es-MX||North America||US East (N. Virginia)|
|en-UK, fr-FR, de-DE, it-IT, es-ES, en-IN, hi-IN||Europe||EU (Ireland)|
|jp-JP, en-AU||Far East (FE)||US West (Oregon)|
(In the locale abbreviations, the lowercase letters indicate the language, the uppercase indicate the region. For example, "fr-CA" refers to French-speaking Canada, whereas "en-CA" refers to English-speaking Canada.)
- What does it mean for video skills to be supported in other countries or locales?
- If video skills are supported for the country or locale, it means you can create video skills for Echo Show in these countries or locales. The phrases that customers say in these countries or locales will be understood and processed by Alexa. For example, if a video skill is supported in a Spanish-speaking country or locale, you can develop video skills for Echo Show in those countries or locales, and Alexa can understand and parse Spanish.
- Why can I already say Alexa video commands in unsupported countries or locales?
- Voice interactions with Amazon Prime Video titles are supported in countries/locales where third-party video skills might not be supported. For example, you might be able to say, "Alexa, Play Bosch" (a Prime video title) and your Echo Show could retrieve the title, whereas if you say "Alexa, Play House of Cards" (not a Prime Video title), Fire TV might not be able to retrieve the title. Some third-party apps in unsupported countries might have video skills as part of a beta program.
- What is a locale?
- A locale refers to the language used in a particular region, regardless of the country. For example, Canada has both en-CA (English) and fr-CA (French) locales.
- When will video skills be supported in all the countries and locales listed above?
- Timelines for support are not provided prior to the release in that region.
- What does public beta mean?
- For locales in public beta, the functionality works, and we expect to improve the coverage of content including programs, channels, actors, and movies. During public beta, functionality may be changed, improved, corrected, or discontinued as we receive feedback and iterate.