Functional Testing for a List Skill
A list skill is one whose manifest includes both a
custom object and a "householdList" field in the
apis object in the skill manifest. Manage list skills by using the Alexa Skills Kit (ASK) Command Line Interface (CLI). When you submit a list skill for certification, you must meet the requirements for functional testing of a custom skill.
Skill manifest requirements
Information for certification is provided via a skill manifest, the content of that information is still the same as if you were providing information in the Amazon Developer Portal. Thus, refer to Certification Requirements for a submission checklist.
testingInstructions field in the
publishingInformation object must indicate how to link the third-party account to the skill, and provide credentials for this account, so that the tester can duplicate the skill workflow in its entirety. If your skill includes list synchronization functionality, mention this in the testing instructions.
Make sure that you include exactly three phrases in the
examplePhrases array in the
publishingInformation object. Follow the typical standards for certification.
Functional tests for list skills
Complete functional testing of a custom skill. If you have an app associated with your list skill, you must verify that that the skill and the app keep the list in sync.
- Test that when you add an item to your list through the Alexa skill, that the item appears in the third-party list, and vice versa.
- If you delete an item, make sure that you delete the item in both the third-party list and the Alexa list.
- Policy Requirements
- Security Testing
- Voice Interface and User Experience Testing
- Submit Skills for Certification in the Alexa Developer Console
- Steps to Build a Custom Skill
Was this page helpful?
Last updated: Jan 26, 2024