Create an SNS Topic
The Dash Replenishment Service (DRS) uses SNS Topics to notify you (the device maker) of changes to device status, order state, subscription status, and more.
Amazon’s Simple Notification Service (SNS) is a pub-sub service from AWS that makes it easy to set up, manage, and send messages instantly to applications or users. See Notification Messages for a complete listing of supported DRS notifications.
Create an SNS Topic for DRS
- Log in to the AWS Console.
- Select SNS from Mobile Services
- From the left navigation, click Topics, then click Create new topic.
- Enter a Topic name and Display name, then click Create topic.
Note: Choose a friendly Topic Name and Display Name to improve code readability.
- Topic Name - Used to create a permanent unique identifier called an Amazon Resource Name (ARN), which will be used to configure your SNS Notifications.
Allow DRS to Publish Messages to Your Topic
- Click the ARN for the topic you’ve created.
- Click Other topic actions and then click Edit topic policy.
- From Basic View, under Allow these users to publish messages to this topic, select Only these AWS user and enter your AWS Account ID and the DRS AWS Account ID.
- To access your AWS Account ID, go to the AWS Console.
- Enter the following for the DRS AWS Account ID:
- Click Update policy.