Changes To Mobile Ad Network Publisher Agreement Posted January 5, 2021
- Updates for Brexit, including updating EEA/EU specific references in order to cover the United Kingdom.
Changes To Mobile Ad Network Publisher Agreement Posted February 4, 2020
- Adding Amazon.com Services LLC as a party to the agreement.
Changes To Mobile Ad Network Publisher Agreement Posted December 12, 2019
- Removing Amazon Digital Services LLC as a party to the agreement.
Changes To Mobile Ad Network Publisher Agreement Posted May 14, 2018
- Clarifying the definitions of personal information and consent.
- Clarifying that you and Amazon Europe Core S.a r.l. are each independent data controllers with respect to EU personal data.
Changes To Mobile Ad Network Publisher Agreement Posted August 31, 2015
- Clarifying we will only pay you for qualifying events, and that a qualifying event is when (1) you send us an ad request for an ad unit on one of your mobile properties using the correct application key, (2) we send you an ad in response, (3) you properly display the ad, and (4) a user intentionally views or clicks upon the ad.
- Clarifying that accrual amounts for payment may be set forth in the distribution portal as well as in the Publisher Agreement.
- Simplifying language around indemnification for your apps, and our license to you.
- Prohibiting you from sending us an ad request from an app directed toward children under 13, or if you know the user is under 13.
- Clarifying that your obligation to comply with online behavioral advertising principles in the US, EU and Japan is based on where the ad is served.
Changes To Mobile Ad Network Publisher Agreement Posted March 31, 2015
In connection with the launch of the Amazon Mobile Ad Network in Japan, we’ve made a few changes to our Mobile Ad Network Publisher Agreement. We’ve included examples of these changes below. This list is not exhaustive, so please review the full text of the updated agreement carefully.
- Allowing ads to be served to users in Japan.
- Adding Amazon International Services, Inc. as a party to the Publisher Agreement.
- Requiring you to comply with the JIAA Guidelines for Behavioral Advertising, for ads displayed on Japan-targeted apps.
- Clarifying that you are responsible for collecting and remitting consumption taxes imposed on the Advertising Fees, and Advertising Fees due to you are inclusive of consumption taxes unless we specify otherwise.
- Clarifying that if there is any discrepancy between the English version and the Japanese translation of the Publisher Agreement, the English version shall control.
Changes To Mobile Ad Network Publisher Agreement Posted January 16, 2015
- Prohibiting use of multiple app keys for identical or substantially similar apps.
- Adding provisions relating to ‘beta’ versions of the Amazon Mobile Ads API.
- Clarifying that ‘Aggregated’ data does not mean aggregated across campaigns.
- Revising the definition of Personally Identifiable Information (PII).
- Clarifying that Advertising Data is our confidential information, and a trade secret of Amazon.
- Increasing the accrual amount to $100 for payments by wire transfer, and removing the accrual amount of $10 for payments by electronic fund transfer (EFT).
- If you use or distribute a plug-in to the Amazon Mobile Ads API, prohibiting you from listening to data from other apps through the plug-in, and adding indemnification provisions relating to the plug-in.
- If you use a third party as a mediation or analytics provider (Campaign Partner) in connection with campaigns we provide to you: (1) requiring you to disclose to us by email the name of the Campaign Partner, (2) prohibiting you from disclosing non-Aggregated Advertising Data to the Campaign Partner, (3) clarifying that we may disclose restrictions in the Publisher Agreement to the Campaign Partner, notwithstanding any NDA we have with you, and (4) revising liability and indemnification provisions relating to the use of the Campaign Partner.