AVS Device SDK Sample App Quick Start Guides
The Alexa Voice Service (AVS) Device SDK includes two sample applications to use as the basis for your device, and to test interactions before integration:
- AVS Device SDK Console Sample Application– Intended primarily for learning and for basic headless (voice-only) device integrations.
- AVS Device SDK IPC Server Sample Application– Intended for smart screen device makers implementing the full set of available Alexa multimodal features.
Amazon provides six quick start guides that support two device types and three build platforms. Choose the quick start guide that matches with your device type and build platform.
|Smart Screen||Smart Screen||Smart Screen|
After you build the Console Sample App, use the instructions in Use the AVS Device SDK Console Sample App to test and interact with the Console Sample App.
After you build the IPC Server Sample App and Web Component Sample Web App, use the instructions in Use the Smart Screen Sample Applications to test and interact with the Smart Screen Sample Apps.
For runtime configurations of the sample apps, see
For reference details about smart-screen devices, see IPC Client Framework API Reference.
- AVS Device SDK Implementation Guides
- Alexa Voice Service Device SDK Dependencies
- Alexa Voice Service Device SDK Authorization
Was this page helpful?
Last updated: Sep 16, 2022