Alexa Voice Service (AVS) Alexa API Reference
The Alexa API reference describes APIs offered by the Alexa Voice Service (AVS) to integrate Alexa features into your product.
In this section
AVS offers the following interfaces:
- Alerts – Set and manage locally stored timers, alarms, and reminders.
- Alexa – Use the
Alexainterface for centralized message management and state and error reporting for other capability interfaces.
- Alexa.ApiGateway – Coordinate URI endpoints when exchanging messages with Alexa services.
- Alexa.ApplicationStateReporter – Notify Alexa when an app, such as Prime Video, is open on the endpoint.
- Alexa.Camera.LiveViewController – Enable live feed video stream to a viewing device from a security camera.
- Alexa.Discovery – Report capabilities, connection information, and other metadata for Alexa devices and connected endpoints.
- Alexa.Display – Report physical characteristics of two-dimensional video display devices.
- Alexa.Display.Window – Report the characteristics of potential windows that you might create on the physical display of a device.
- Alexa.DoNotDisturb – Disable incoming notifications, announcements, and calls.
- Alexa.InputController – Set the active audio or video input for a device.
- Alexa.InteractionMode – Report the supported user interaction paradigms of a device, such as a "tablet mode" or an "auto head unit mode." For more details about Alexa APIs for multimodal experiences, see Alexa Multimodal API Overview.
- Alexa.ModeController – Control and report the states of an endpoint. You define the states to match the modes of your endpoint.
- Alexa.PowerController – Control and report the binary power state of an endpoint.
- Alexa.Presentation – Define common visual presentation behaviors, such as reporting device-side lifecycle updates to Alexa.
- Alexa.Presentation.APL – Renders an Alexa Presentation Language (APL) document and reports user interactions from an Alexa Built-in device. For more details about APL, see Alexa Multimodal API Overview.
- Alexa.Presentation.APL.Video – Report the codecs that a device supports for video content in APL documents. For more details about APL, see Alexa Multimodal API Overview.
- Alexa.RangeController – Control and report the states of an endpoint. You define the states as a continuous numeric range.
- Alexa.SoftwareComponentReporter – Report software information to AVS.
- Alexa.ToggleController – Control and report the binary "on" or "off" states of an endpoint.
- AudioActivityTracker – Report to Alexa about on-device audio activities.
- AudioPlayer – Fetch, play, and manage audio streams.
- Bluetooth – Establish and manage connections with external Bluetooth devices.
- EqualizerController – Set the equalizer values for speaker output.
- InteractionModel – Publish updates to the device interaction model, for example, enabling Alexa-initiated experiences, such as Routines.
- Notifications – Provide users with audio and visual indicators of new available content from Alexa skills.
- PlaybackController – Communicate locally triggered playback state changes on a device to Alexa, such as user pausing playback by pressing a button.
- Speaker – Manage a device's physical speaker volume and mute settings.
- SpeechRecognizer – Capture and interact with user speech through a device's microphone.
- SpeechSynthesizer – Playback synthesized speech from Alexa.
- System – Exposes functionality related to the basic system-level operation of an Alexa Built-in device.
- TemplateRuntime – Render display cards created from templates that accompany voice interactions, music playback, and other user experiences.
Note: TemplateRuntime is an older way to provide GUI support for Alexa Built-in devices. Use the Alexa Presentation Language (APL) interfaces instead. For more details about APL, see Alexa Multimodal API Overview.
- VisualActivityTracker – Communicate to Alexa about on-device visual activities.
- What is the Alexa Voice Service?
- Learn to add Alexa to a Speaker, Sound bar, or AVR
- AVS Device SDK Overview
- Alexa Multimodal API Overview
- Alexa Interface Reference
- Alexa Interface Message and Property Reference.
Was this page helpful?
Last updated: Nov 27, 2023