You can reach a whole new audience on Fire tablets and other devices—with little to no modifications to your Android app. This blog provides a quick overview of what you need to know to get started.[Read More]
Building an app isn’t easy, and the work doesn’t end at launch. That’s why we decided to create a complete guide for developers.[Read More]
This second installment in our Login with Amazon (LWA) integration series is about integrating LWA with Amazon Web Services (AWS) using Amazon Cognito, AWS's solution to managing user identities in the apps you build with AWS underpinnings.[Read More]
It’s easy to get bogged down in the details and forget the most valuable part of making a game, which is building something fun to play. Here, I will talk about some approaches to adding artwork and sounds into your game.[Read More]
A soft launch is a valuable way to see how well your game performs before launching it for wider distribution. It allows you to isolate and optimize successful factors and problem areas strategically. Our friends at deltaDNA share their top tips for ensuring your soft launch is a resounding success.[Read More]
The average mobile app user downloads 8.8 apps per month but abandons two of those apps after first use. In this blog, we share some common reasons why users may be leaving your app.[Read More]
User acceptance testing (UAT) is a process that thoroughly evaluates the usability, functionality, and design of your app by having real users try the app, verifies whether it is user-friendly, operates as expected, and can handle tasks in real-world conditions.
Consider this: According to Localytics, only 25 percent of app users stick with an app past the 90-day mark. What about the other 75 percent? Can anything be done to bring them back into your app?
Push notifications are an effective tactic to re-engage your inactive users. They don’t clog up inboxes like emails and text messages can and they are immediately actionable.[Read More]
Late last year, Amazon announced an over-the-air (OTA) update that brings support for standard Android notifications to Fire TV. To help developers make the most of this new update, we sat down with our Developer Evangelists to compile a list of our top tips for developing a well-planned push notification strategy. The result is our newest eBook: Best Practices for Push Notifications.[Read More]
Unity touches 770 million gamers all over the world through games made using their engine. If you are one of the millions of developers who create with Unity every day or are considering developing with Unity, you won’t want to miss our latest free webinar: Integrating Amazon APIs in Unity.In this webinar you will find out how easy it is to incorporate Amazon APIs, such as in-app purchasing, mobile ads, and multi-screen support, into your Unity app.[Read More]
So, you have this shiny game you made in Unity3D. You have tested your monetization funnel. You have created all of your In-App Purchase items (IAP). All you need now is to integrate it with Amazon Appstore In-App-Purchasing APIs. There 2 ways to integrate the Amazon IAP API into your Unity game. You can use the built-in cross-platform Purchasing API from Unity, or you can use our own Unity Plugin. In this blog, we will look at a basic comparison of the two methods, and the advantages and disadvantages of each. We will also walk through setting up IAP items and implementing the Unity Purchasing API in your game.[Read More]