As a part of building our concept game “Planet Destroyer” we’re talking to a series of industry experts and mentors to help us think through everything it takes to make a game. In this episode, our guest is Dmitri Williams, CEO of NinjaMetrics and we zero in on the social aspects of our game.
The central idea of our concept game Planet Destroyer is that it’s focused on the relationship between a Twitch broadcaster and their viewers. It has to be highly interactive and social to succeed. With this in mind we spoke to Dmitri about how we can use analytics to measure and optimize the social aspects of our game to increase engagement and revenue.
What We Discussed on the Show
- Measure how social behavior impacts engagement and revenue – What is “Social Value”
- Let’s put this in terms of revenue
- Tying this into your product’s features
- Importance of the Community Manager and how to attribute revenue to that role
- Instrument Social Signals to enable optimization
- Closing the loop on user acquisition costs and return on investment
- Preserving an authentic social graph
- The full impact of social on Free to Play games
- Helping to focus your community management efforts
- The Fruit Basket Analogy
- Determine the downstream effects of your community engagement. Objective Virality
- How to add NinjaMetrics to your app
- Dmitri’s thoughts on our game Planet Destroyer
Please join the conversation live on http://twitch.tv/PaulCutsinger each Tuesday through Friday morning (PST). And follow @PaulCutsinger on Twitter for the latest.